Sunday, September 14, 2008

So! Why did I choose Aston?

Well.... About, a year ago.... I was making my university choices and had planned to visit all of the universities i wanted to go to before the summer started, which I managed to do apart from Aston!!! It clashed with something I couldn't change, so I didn't attend the open day. I still decided to apply to Aston as it had a brilliant reputation and was well known for its placement years. I wanted to do a course with a placement year so that I had the relevant experience, which will hopefully set me apart from many other prospective job applicants, and I think it helps you understand what you are learning about more.

So my UCAS application when off! I did it pretty early on, I think I sent it early October, and got a reply within 5 days from Aston! The first one to reply. So I decided to visit Aston on one of their visit days for people that have had offers. I was very impressed with the facilities and I really liked the campus feel! It made me dislike all my other university choices a lot more! From then on I only wanted to go to Aston.
I think that Aston just had something about it that made it feel like.......... Well the best of Both Worlds, as you get a City environment with lots to do ‘on your doorstep’ and the friendly and safe feeling of a campus.
So after accepting my offer from Aston, I soon found out that one of my old friends, Laura also had applied to Aston! We never had discussed University choices much really and I didn’t know where she had applied to! Personally, I was really pleased to know that I will have a friendly face around, I don’t know if she feels the same (Here’s the point at where you comment Laura and say something on the lines of ‘Corse I feel the same!’)!! We keep discuss stuff about MAP etc, which when you are enrolling online, is asking you to do something new every day! If you can work your way through MAP you deserve a First! I’ve already gone wrong once, and so has Laura but.... she won’t admit it! I just phoned them up and got it sorted!
Been trying to sort out what I need to do to transfer my NHS records to the GP at Aston, but my local Doctors will not give me my NHS record card, and well the PCT are as useful as... chocolate fireman! Just going to leave it until I get to Aston!

13 Days to go!

H

No comments: