Friday, September 12, 2008

My First Post!

Hello!

I'm Harry, and well, this is my first post on Aston's Freshers Blogger, and I'm going to hopefully continue it for the next year! So... here goes! I must say, I would really appreciate constructive comments!

So why is today my first post? To be honest its because Aston Uni set this up for me today, but also because I went to Birmingham for a visit today!

I started at 10.30am, dropped my brother off at school, then got to Goole Station. I live in East Yorkshire, and there are a severe lack of train stations around here! I also must add that I very rarely go on trains so this was a whole new experience for me! Got on the train and went to Sheffield, where I got another train to Birmingham New Street. All the trains were really prompt so was very good so far! I got to Birmingham at about 1pm, and went to the Champagne bar and restaurant as a treat before I went to uni, and they had a really good 5 course lunch on so had that! Then headed to Aston Uni Campus!

Coughs 'Easily stumbling distance' from the City Centre. I had a look around the Campus again, I've been a few times before but wanted to familiarise myself with it all! Make me even more excited about going in 2 weeks!!! The small Campus feel in a big city is just what I wanted! Dalton Tower seems to be the best place to live, in my opinion! lol. Can't wait for Freshers to Start!

I also had a look in the main building to try and see where the Engineering department was, but struggled to find it on the maps, oh and they already have the signs up for Enrolment in G63 if my memory serves my correctly?!?!

I headed back to the City Centre and the Bullring and did a bit of shopping, then walked back, in the rain to Birmingham New Street and got the Train to Doncaster, then got a transfer back to Goole.

This probably will be the most boring post that I will do! ( I promise!) But I thought I'd get going on it and don't worry Freshers is going to be very well documented, with photos if I can manage to upload them!

H

2 comments:

cat said...

very informative indeed!will this be a daily occurance?until you get bored!!?lol at least you managed to survive the new experience of a train journey!!!!
xxxx

harrycoates said...

Cheers Cat!!! This is going to a regular thing, I hope! the train i was on on the way back went direct to Newcastle! thats handy!

xxxx